The Library has the following 2020 IRS forms and booklets available for free at all library locations:
- 1040 (instruction booklets available)
- 1040 SR (instruction booklets available)
- VA 760 (no booklets available)
2020 tax forms will be provided while supplies last.
Forms and instruction booklets are available through curbside pick-up. You don’t need an appointment, simply come to the library and park in the designated area and take the forms you need from the curbside table.
Links to IRS and Commonwealth of Virginia Resources
- Timeline: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refunds-during-pandemic
- Recovery Rebate (stimulus checks): https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/recovery-rebate-credit
- Tax forms and instructions: https://www.irs.gov/forms-instructions
- File electronically for free: https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free
- Virginia Tax Information: https://www.tax.virginia.gov/
- Virginia Tax Forms by Category https://www.tax.virginia.gov/forms/search?category=1&year=266
- Where’s my Refund? https://www.tax.virginia.gov/wheres-my-refund
- Make an appointment at an IRS Tax Assistance Center: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/oc-irs-tac-appointments.pdf
- Find out if you are eligible to receive free tax assistance by contacting Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) through People Inc. Call 276-619-2235.