We Need You!
We always need volunteers for special projects in the library. By sharing your time and talents with us, you can make a big difference in the quality of library service in our community.
Our volunteers range in age from 15 to 92. Some do short-term projects, some come in week to week, and some stay for many years.
Volunteering looks great on college and job applications. You can also fulfill community service requirements for advanced high school diplomas at the library.
We provide training for all of our volunteers.
- Acquire new skills
- Gain work experience
- Expand your social circle
- Serve in your own neighborhood
- Spruce up that college or job application
Five “Anytime Jobs” for a Volunteer
If you are in between errands, if you have even a half an hour to spare, come on in! Once you’re trained, these five tasks don’t need to be scheduled, but we’d appreciate a call ahead.
- Dust and straighten shelves
- Read shelves (make sure they’re in order)
- Clean CDs, and CD and DVD covers
- File magazines
- Prepare recyclables
Special skills needed: We especially need volunteer photographers/videographers for library events.
Ways to Apply
You can apply to volunteer at any of our five libraries. Here’s how!
- Pick up a paper copy of the Volunteer Application at main library, fill it out and submit it to the circulation desk, or
- Download and print the Volunteer Application (.pdf format), fill it out and submit it to any library, or
- Use our online Adult Volunteer Application Form.
- Pick up a paper copy of the Teen Volunteer Application at main library, fill it out and submit it to the desk in the children’s department at main library, or
- Download and print the Teen Volunteer Application (.pdf format), fill it out and submit it to any library, or
- Use our online Teen Volunteer Application Form.