Technology & Training
We have public computers at all libraries. Using our public computers is free.
See our Computer Use Policy for more information.
Computers shut down 30 minutes before closing at all library locations.
Wi-Fi (Wireless Internet)
We have Wi-Fi at all libraries.
Our Wi-Fi is free, and is limited to the library grounds. Wi-Fi shuts down after hours at all locations.
Lib_Public is the name of all of our Wi-Fi networks. There is no password.
We train our library patrons to use
- and even their smartphones.
UPCOMING CLASSES – sign up for a free class
Glade Spring library offers “One on One Computer Help” every Tuesday evening at 5:30 p.m. by appointment. Call 276-429-5626 and describe the kind of help you need.
You can schedule up to an hour of technology tutoring at the Main library in Abingdon. It’s free!
You can have a tutoring session about:
- Using library databases
- Figuring out your new laptop
- Understanding your tablet and smartphone settings
- Downloading from our e-Library (borrowing e-books, digital audiobooks, and e-magazines)
. . . and much more.
When coming to the library for tutoring:
- Make sure your laptop or device is fully charged before you come for your appointment.
- Know all passwords and codes to access your device.
- If you have a used device (for example, a hand-me-down iPad), please factory reset it before you come for tutoring. We may not be able to help you with a device that is registered to someone else. Kindles should be registered and linked to your Amazon account.
We highly recommend GCFLearnFree. Their lessons are short and you can do them at your own pace.
You can use their technology lessons on your own, or in the library with our help.